How to bleach your denim shorts
You probably have a pair of denim shorts that you love, but you want to give them a different look this year, well, we will share some interesting tips with you so you can bleach your shorts and make them seem as a completely different pair.
“One of the greatest advantages of clothes made of denim is that you can give them new life by bleaching them, adding destruction or different trims or even dying them in different colors, or even recycling the garments and give them new uses, that is why many people prefers this fabric”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, a jeans manufacturer in Mexico.
Here are the steps you will need to follow to bleach your denim shorts:
- Place an old towel under your shorts, make sure you place a bag inside of your shorts, that way denim will not absorb the bleach at the front and back parts of your garment.
- Pour some liquid bleach in a plastic well, do not use a metal one or the bleach will cause a chemical reaction when it touches the metal.
- Put on your plastic washes and put a sponge within the bleach.
- Use the sponge to create bleach designs over your shorts.
- Wash your denim shorts in a cold wash cycle; remember not to get any other garments into the wash machine.
- Let your denim shorts dry.
- If you want to create a dramatic look, you can repeat the above steps after the first wash cycle.
- Remember not to let the bleach for too long on your garments, or it will eat up the fibers.
“Many people is choosing denim garments over clothes made of any other materials as it allows them to make their own creations, letting them give their own styles to the clothes they wear everyday”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.